Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Haunted Mansion Lantern

I'm not sure if I'm going to have a Halloween countdown this year or not. Either way I couldn't wait to show this bad boy off.

I first saw this on the Disney Store's website last year and never got around to ordering it.  When I saw it return this year, I knew I wasn't going to waste any time getting one to add to my Halloween decor. A nice discount sealed the deal.

At first glance, this looks like a generic run of the mill piece of Disney Halloween merch.  Mickey and the gang in costumes for Halloween. Cute, I guess.

(I apologize for the picture quality, took these on the fly this morning)


As you rotate this guy it becomes awesome.  These pics don't do it justice, really spooky Haunted Mansion graphics cover 2/3 of this this beaut.


Now that I've seen it all lit up, I may keep an eye out for a good deal to grab a second.


This thing just drips eerie Haunted Mansion spookiness.

Bring on fall!

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, may have to snag one of these. Looks pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it bright enough to splash those eerie silhouettes on the wall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It comes with a tiny battery operated "candle", so no, but you could toss something brighter in there.

      Delete
  3. They should have left off the Disney characters. Made it full blown Haunted Mansion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya know, Mickey and his friends really take up only about a third or less of the thing. Easy to turn them to the wall, if you want. It's almost like it was designed to be dual purpose with a scary side and a not so scary Mickey & pals side.

      Delete