Thursday, March 7, 2013

Star Tours Destinations

The new Star Wars movies have been steadily making the news, which got me thinking about the Disney Star Wars relationship, which got me thinking about Star Tours.

Sadly, I haven’t been to Walt Disney World or Disneyland since the new version of Star Tours debuted, so my experience is currently limited to the original version of the attraction.

The whole set up for Star Tours was that you were departing on a vacation within the Star Wars Universe, you’re pilot Rex is new and you end up in the trenches of the Death Star.  The queue and ride were all set up as some sort of space airport.  So freakin’ cool!

My first visit to the attraction was in Tomorrowland in California.  It was prior to the prequels or even the Special Edition theatrical releases, so there was very little Star Wars merchandise available outside of the theme parks.  I was out of my head when I saw all the Star Wars stuff available upon departure from the ride.

A few years later I made my first trip to WDW and was further enamored with the attraction, with it's giant AT-AT prop and Speeder Bike photo op, and of course it's even larger selection of merchandise.

In keeping with the theme of an intergalactic travel company, there were travel posters of the different destinations available.  Similar artwork was made available as postcards.  Who wants to join me on a trip to any of these exotic locales?





6 comments:

  1. I hope to go to Florida one day to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worth the trip! If you're a Star Wars fan, try to hit Star Wars Weekends, it's goofy Star Wars fun

      Delete
  2. I would love to get my hands on that Hoth poster for my Luke Skywalker collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they sold them at some point. Mmmm, maybe I need to visit eBay now.

      Delete
  3. Never been to either Disney Land or World but maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete