Monday, February 25, 2013

Ultimate Spider-Man Choco Surprise

While wandering around Target last night I came across these guys in the Easter section.  At the reasonable price of only $1, figured it wouldn't hurt to give 'em a go and grabbed three.


I have long been jealous of countries that enjoy having Kinder Eggs available and always grab a few whenever I'm north of the border.  The idea of a toy hiding in candy always appealed to me.  Nestle tried to bring the concept to the states about a decade ago with Magic Balls, they didn't make it.

So now we have these things based on the current Spidey cartoon.

I haven't seen much of this "Ultimate Spider-Man" incarnation and haven't liked what I've seen.  Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends will always be my web slinger cartoon of choice.  Of course that didn't stop me from plunking down three bucks for these guys.


I really like the Spidey face design on the box and egg.


One half of the chocolate is really stuck on the egg.


Out of the three, one was a double so I only got these two different figures.  Disappointed I didn't get a Spider-Man, maybe next time.  For only a dollar, I'll probably grab a few more.

The figure is more substantial than I expected.  Much nicer than Zerboz (formerly Heroics) figures at the same price.
Heroics Spidey (right)    Choco-Surprise Nova (left)
When do you think we'll reach Marvel mini figure saturation point?




12 comments:

  1. We do not have them down here in Mexico either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it sad I want to know how the chocolate tasted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, couldn't tell you, I don't even eat chocolate.

      Delete
    2. Sorry to say but it would taste very bad. American chocolate is not made to the same high standard that general European chocolate is, if you want the best chocolate import from Belgium.

      Delete
  3. I like the little Iron Fist one he turned out really well I think and am with Jaime too...How did the chocolate taste?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of attention being paid to chocolate quality, made I'll start candy blogging :-p

      Delete
  4. I think I may pick a couple up, but I can't eat the chocolate. I just want the toys :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly, I passed the chocolate on to my gf

      Delete
  5. I thought the reason Kinder Surprise isn't allowed in the USA is because of regulations concerning placing non-edible items within edible items. I wonder how this made it though, it's entirely the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing. If there was a change in the rules, I want Kinder Eggs in the States ASAP.

      Delete
    2. Agreed. I'm tired of smuggling them over the border every year for stocking stuffers.

      Delete
    3. The difference from choco treasure and kinder surprise is simply how the chocolate egg seal in the toy inside. Sadly, the only reason kinder eggs are illegal in the US is because the chocolate egg completely covers the toy inside while choco treasure leaves a plastic divider that's part of the egg toy between the 2 chocolate shells that plays as a warning that there's something inside so it's less of a choke hazard. So ridiculous!

      Delete