Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Star Wars Angry Birds

I've been eyeing the Star Wars Angry Birds Early Bird set for awhile.  Didn't feel the few figures justified the original price.  On clearance at Target though, it's a good deal. I initially thought it was a bit esoteric for a line being marked to the younger kids.  Thinking about it, that may be what landed it the discount price. Regardless, I really dig the homage to the original Early Bird package and am happy to have it.


Despite my pledge to cut down on blind bags this year, I also picked up a few to pad my bird collection and scored a few fun figures.


I won't be spending too much more time or money on this. It's fun and at the right clearance price may grab another set on a lark.


4 comments:

  1. I picked up a single blind bag when they came out just to check them out. Some of them are kinda cool but I'd only pick up specific "figures" in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya, plus they're kinda pricey for what they are

      Delete
  2. Not a huge Star Wars fan but this is one of those things I really liked when I saw it in stores as a nice tip of the hat to the original Early Bird set from years gone by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would still be on the shelf if not for that "tip of the hat" :-p

      Delete