Monday, January 28, 2013

Turtle Power!

Over the weekend I took a few minutes to clear a few shelves and bust out my Turtles, or as my girlfriend would say, "curate the collection and rotate exhibits".  All of my vintage Turtles have been languishing in a bin, except for the recently acquired Super Shredder and movie pals, so it was fun to dig them out and stand them up.

I picked up the Nickelodeon Turtles here and there last year as I came across them.  This weekend I decided it was finally time to bust 'em off of there blister cards and get them some air.  


The Foot Soldier has a very satisfying holster for his blades, Krang is squishy and brain like, and the Turtles themselves are sturdy with great articulation.


I'm sure I'll bust out the photo tent and spend some more time with these soon.  If you're on the fence and haven't grabbed them yet, do so. I have no regrets, these are some fun figures, a great companion to the original line.

13 comments:

  1. Never been much of a Turtle guy, but you have an awesome collection.

    I know all about rotating collections. My shelf space is rather limited, so I do the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to change things up and it's the when to get dusting done too.

      Delete
  2. Yeah I am not a Turtle guy at all but the new sculpts make me want some...The villains that is. I see Snakeweed as a creation of Poisen Ivy etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was on the fence, it was the other, non-turtle figures that really made me take the plunge. The Metalhead looked so great, then I saw Dogpound and Fishface and I was hooked.

      Delete
  3. Nice display - I need to get my turtle collection up and orderly too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good! I keep seeing the classic large Krang at resell, and one day will pull trigger maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is worth it! I had one, let it go, immediately regretted it and found myself another.

      Delete
  5. Wow! Cool collection!
    That Krang is HUGE!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete