Tuesday, December 18, 2012

My 2012 Action Figure Nativity Contest Entry

Again this year Reis over at Lair of the Dark Horde is hosting an Action Figure Nativity Contest.  This is my second year in the action figure nativity building business, and as you can see, I haven't really honed my skills much since last year.
(Full disclosure, I did wait until I was a couple of beers into the football game on Sunday to start this project.)


For a few days leading up to the deadline, we shopped around for a cheap, serviceable manger, but as you can see by this marvelous corrugated cardboard box; we did not succeed.

This year the cast of my Nativity includes: 

Linus as Joseph
Miss Piggy as Mary
A California Rasin, Brer Rabit and Henry Jones, Sr. as the three wise men
A B'omarr Monk, Jerry the Mouse and a creepy Uncle Fester as stable animals and well wishers 
Pleakley is trying to get a pic with Jesus with his phone
Soaron from Captain Power plays an Angel
and Nibbler from Futurama stars as Jesus

So, all you Futurama, California Raisin, Captain Power, Animated Addams Family fans, if you like what you see, vote for me here.




10 comments:

  1. Love it. One of my favorites this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I dig yours quite a bit too.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. He's been on my desk for awhile, had to work him in.

      Delete
  3. It's December !! Only a few beers !! The Bills season was over weeks ago :)

    Disclaimer:

    It's OK, I can make those jokes, I'm a Buffalonian too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the Bills game is only background noise, a nice excuse to indulge in those mid afternoon beers

      Delete