Friday, December 28, 2012

Got myself one of them 2600's

I first came across this beaut while we were in the grocery store.  I'm not one for the pricier Hot Wheels, but this one was worth the extra couple of bucks.



The wood panel and colors are so perfect. This looks so much like the console I spent so, so many hours with as a kid; I can't stand it.  The only way this could have been improved was to somehow work in the orange button of the joystick.


Beyond that, I really love this van and would like to live in it, or at least drive it to the local arcade.


There are six in the line, the Missile Command one is kinda cool, the Pong car looks like a Cheetos delivery wagon, of all the Hot Wheels Atari cars, this is clearly the one to get.  




15 comments:

  1. Whoa! Those are cool! I hope they make their way down here! Kids down here will not know what they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know also I do not really collect cars...But these I might.

      Delete
    2. Really has to be something cool for me to bite.

      Delete
  2. These are really spiffy, kind of want the Missile Command now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe if I caught it on sale . . .

      Delete
  3. I have got to get all these!! They could have worked in the joystick button as a translucent colored bubble/sunroof-type thing on the top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw these at K-Mart a few months back they are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's where I picked it up, I saw it in the grocery store first and really regretted not grabbing it at the time. When I saw it at K-Mart, there was no hesitation.

      Delete
  5. They're ALL amazing - I can't choose a favourite!

    Faced with a choice, it'd have to be Tempest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all pretty cool, 'cept Pong

      Delete
  6. I saw these in the supermarket yesterday! If I wasn't juggling three cases of soda while the announcement that they were about to close was made, I'd have probably picked these up. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to go back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saw a lot of them at Wegmans again yesterday, if they end up on post holiday clearance, I'll definitely pick up more.

      Delete
  7. Wow, that just gave me a flashback of 9-year old (?) me programming goto commands to entertain myself... WOW. Cool blog btw! Makes me think of doing one myself just to "talk" about my toys without the usual crazy looks I get :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, thanks. You should definitely start your own blog. This one exists so that a thirty-something year old guy can have show and tell with his toys, do it.

      Delete