Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween


Well, here we are October 31st.

Halloween is a month long celebration.  Seeing the decorations go up and the costume supplies in stores.  Reading all the themed blogs and countdowns. Shopping and plotting for a costume for weeks, only to toss together something last minute. Watching the leaves change from green or orange to non-existent.  Doing our best to make it to all the spooky gatherings the weekends prior.

This year, thanks to my fantastic girlfriend Kelsey, in addition to all of our usual seasonal fun, I had two Halloween experiences I've always wanted to try.  This month she took me apple picking for the first time, and just this past weekend, we went to our first midnight screening of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

I've had a great Halloween season, and I look forward to tonight.  Seeing the trick or treaters running around the neighborhood and taking a long walk to check out everyone’s jack o lanterns and decorations.

I can’t wait to get comfortable and snack on some toasted pumpkin seeds and cider tonight as we watch The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.

I only posted about half as much as I intended for this, my first countdown.  Not for lack of material, I have plenty (some will carry over into Nov, like my AEIOU Great Pumpkin gift exchange report, I cleaned up), but lack of time.  Fall is my favorite season, and I do not regret that I didn't spend more of it in front of a computer screen.

Happy Halloween everyone, I hope you all had a great season.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween! I'm looking forward to everyone's reporting back on the Gift Exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've had a great season! Happy All Souls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated Halloween, and I'm glad to hear you had such a great season!

    ReplyDelete