Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Halloween Countdown Day 2: Vintage Plastic Pumpkin

A few summers back I was walking round the neighborhood during the height of garage sale season.  I was just minding my own business when I caught a glint of plastic pumpkin orange out of the corner of my eye.  I strolled over to the table and saw this beauty amid some Christmas stuff.  I kept my cool, made a bit of small talk with the proprietor of the sale.  A few minutes and a quarter later and he was mine!


He just beams Halloween happiness!

I think he is awesome, and will now take his rightful place as the face of the Random Stuff for the duration of the month.

All hail pumpkin hat guy!

12 comments:

  1. I absolutely love these type of decorations. They're the perfect embodiment of vintage Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, these are my favorites, don't see them enough anymore.

      Delete
  2. That is incredible. I love his hat, I love his goofy corn-fed grin. I WANT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corn-fed grin! perfect description.

      Delete
  3. that's an unusaul Jack-O'Lantern- very cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets better, more to come later this month

      Delete
  4. Cool! I am in the process of collecting Halloween stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Can't wait to see what you aquire!

      Delete