Monday, October 1, 2012

Halloween Countdown Day 1: Lego Monster Fighters Ghost

I've been wanting to do this for a few years now, today begins the Random Stuff Halloween Countdown.  Each day this month I'm going to try to feature a different spooky treat . . . or at least I'm going to try.  I'm sorry, I'm just not a dependable blogger.  I'm new, but there are tons of pros spooking up the web, check out http://www.countdowntohalloween.com/ for ton's more quality Halloween countdowns.

I'm starting with this guy.We made a quick stop into Target last month for board games and snacks, and I had to perform my check of the seasonal section, as is mandatory anytime after Labor Day.  I don't think I have to tell anyone reading this how amazing Target becomes this time of year, volumes have already been written about it's bounty of Halloween joy.  We were kinda in a hurry so I took a quick look.  The last remnants of "back to school" clung to the shelves and the Halloween stuff was just barely starting to creep out.  I took a quick scan of the movies and candy that already made it's way out and then a look at the back end cap.  Huzzah, some of the toys and novelties were already out, including this beauty.


I have been picking up these Monster Fighter sets here and there, as well as the spookier and nerdier mini figures from the blind bags.  So this $4 set was a no brainer.

A glow in the dark ghost mini figure is worth the price of admission, any spooky accessories are a bonus.

I got this set together quick enough, but I'm left a bit disappointed by the clock, not so monstery.


Mmm . . . Pendulum. Or fly swatter?


Clock aside, the glow in the dark ghost rocks my socks off.


He makes a great companion to my Playmobil ghost.


Maybe the ghost can creep up the clock a little bit.


Ahhh, there we go! Yup much scarier.







6 comments:

  1. If you turn the clock face, you can get it so it reads a little before midnight which is a tiny bit spookier lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Didn't even notice what time it was. Perhaps it's diner time, that pendulum does look like it could double as a fry pan?

      Delete
  2. This ghost makes an appearance on my blog later this month too! Such a cool little guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure he's being invited to all the best parties this October! Looking forward to it.

      Delete
  3. Nice! I still need to pick this one up.

    ReplyDelete