Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Funko Favorites

Reis over at Lair of the Dork Horde recently made an exciting announcement that got me thinking about my Funko stuff.  I started collecting about 10 years ago when I stumbled upon my first Wacky Wobbler at Sparky's near Universal Studios, California.

Sparky's was awesome, lots of fun nostalgia.  At the time they had a big Pez window display, and at the back of the store, a wall of Funko.  It was like nostalgia nirvana.  There were sooo many I wanted, I could have blown the whole vacation budget in that store.

Funko has released a lot of fun product lines, Spatik Plastiks, Wisecracks, POP!, Handy Dandy's, and more, but Wacky Wobblers will always be my favorites.

So, here, in no particular order, are a few favorite Wacky Wobblers from my collection.


Space Ace, my first Wacky Wobbler



Smokey the Bear, I am a sucker for all things Smokey,
any PSA character for that matter. 
(Woodsy, I’m looking in your dierection)


Freddy Funko, obligatory company mascot, just an amazing vintage looking design.


Mister Softee, the mascot from an ice cream truck company, 
"ice cream man! ice cream man!"


Spanky, a Japanese advertising icon, for what? I have no idea but he looks great.


Mr. Potato Head, I prefer this original potato-y look over the newer cartoony head.  
I also enjoy his pals Pete and Oscar


A nice iconic Tiki, just beautiful.



Rock'em Sock'em Robots, 
not to be confused with the robots from Real Steel ::cough::


Smurf, pure 80's childhood goodness


Why not Zoidberg?

This list could go on forever.  Funko has produced so many great Wobblers, hell I could do a list of cereal mascots alone. Perhaps I will someday, but in the meantime, you can check out my entire Funko collection here.


3 comments:

  1. Oh man, you've got some great taste in Wobblers, my friend. Thanks for the shout out! If I ever get any freebies, I'll try to hook you up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reis, that would be awesome! Thanks brother.

      Delete