Saturday, June 30, 2012

Kermit the Car?

As the Muppet Movie approached last year, I was excited about what I thought for sure was going to be a glut of promotional tie-ins, toys and merchandise.  I've loved the Muppets forever and was stoked to get some fun new Muppet merch.

The stuff never came.  There were a few things here and there, but alas, not the bonanza of stuff I expected.


With so little to choose from, I grab anything when I see it, including this, the Disney Racer Kermit the Frog Car.


I've bought these before (see Steamboat Willie in my Playing with my cars post), and usually they are fun, with abstract nods to the character they represent.  In this case, it seems as though they took poor Kermits head and slapped some wheels on him.


That's not to say I don't dig it and won't give it it's proper place on my Muppet shelf, it's just a bit odd.  


2 comments:

  1. I think its a pretty neat car Ron. Did they make others?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cool, just . . . odd. This is the only Muppet one that I'm aware of. The Disney Racer line has been around for years though.

      Delete