Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles


So last night just before I turned in for the night I decided to read an old copy of Mad.  I loved Mad as a kid and read old back issues almost every night before I turned in, sometimes with a flashlight well after I was supposed to be asleep.

I wanted to read an older one from before advertisements and color had corrupted my favorite publication.

I reached into my magazine box full of old Mads and grabbed this issue.

Thanks to Topless Robot for the pic
Mad number 306 from 1991 with the Ninja Turtles on the cover.

Reading the Mad spoof of TMNT II Secret of the Ooze took me right back to the days when the Turtles were the biggest thing and I was eating an ooze filled Turtle Pie every day for lunch.

I thought about the Turtles pie stickers 



and the Turtles Pie secret message clickers.


and of course my Turtles figures


As I read, I was also reminded that I never acquired three of the Turtles figures that I wanted from the movie.
  • Super Shredder
  • Rahzar
  • Tokka
I had a decent Turtle collection but never got my hands on these three.

In light of the comming Turtles re-boot and the introduction of the awesome looking Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Classics figures I think it’s time to fill these long standing gaps in my collection.

A quick scan of eBay shows that I should be able to get decent looking complete figures pretty reasonably.

While I attempt to get my hands on these figures, I’ll also try to get some of my miscellaneous Turtle stories and stuff posted.  Cowabunga dudes!

4 comments:

  1. I never got them because I thought they were too corny. I hated the legs on all of them too! The new 2012 reboot look more realistic for me. Might get some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete