Monday, March 26, 2012

WNY Toy, Comic and Collectable Show


This past weekend, my girlfriend and I took a couple of hours and visited the WNY Toy, Comic and Collectable Show.  

Battle Beasts

Sadly I last got paid prior to St. Patrick’s Day, and the rising cost of Irish whiskey left me with few disposable dollars for the show.  The Buffalo area doesn’t see this kind of thing often though, so I headed over, despite the fact I knew I probably wouldn’t be buying.


It was a fun afternoon; a few tables had a lot of really great stuff.  My girlfriend and I took our time perusing all of the miscellaneous stuff.


I was rummaging around in big bin of fun odds and ends, and came across these guys.


I didn’t know at the time what they were, but I was really digging the look of them. So I dug out my thin pile of singles and scored the pair for six bucks.

After getting in the car, my girlfriend gave them a closer look and was quick to point out their well defined butts.  She has good eye for detail.

butt!

I then noticed this on the bottom of their feet.


Cool, a quick Google search revealed that I was now in procession of a pair of Diener Space Creature Tree Trunk Monsters.

The Diener Space Creatures have been written about extensively here and here.

I will keep my eyes open for more of these fellas, in the meantime they have a place on my shelf of favorite randomness and will always be a reminder of a pleasant Sunday afternoon with my girlfriend, and her keen eye for butts.

3 comments:

  1. Nice score.

    I was eyeballing the vintage superhero stuff in the pics. Really digging that vintage Batman button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your a stronger man than me Ron i would of been next weeks pay check there and my wife would be killing me shortly there after lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tempting, but I don't want to be homeless, sitting in the street with all my toys ;-)

      Delete