Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Weird-Ohs!

While perusing Ollie's Bargain Outlet this past weekend I came across pegs full of these guys. I don't know much about the old Weird-Ohs plastic models these were based on, but I really like the aesthetic and style. 


Each one came with it's own skateboard.  The figures conveniently have magnets in their feet so that they have no problem standing on their medal boards.


I'm not sure how I feel about the skateboards, these characters don't seem to be skaters originally.  A generic stand may have been more appropriate.

The package includes the original art in the upper left hand corner. Also prominently displayed is the pack of 5 "collector cards".


The translation from 2-D art to 3-D figure isn't great.  I'd be happier if there was some articulation in the arms so that I could get Sling Rave Curvettes hands onto her hips like in the original art, instead of stuck in this strange karate pose.


These are fun for what I paid (less than $3 a pop), but the trading cards sealed the deal on the purchase.


Card scans will have to wait for their own post.



1 comment:

  1. These are awesome! I got to see if i can find any of these in my area.

    ReplyDelete