Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Convertors Spies Bandit

Thanks to jboypacman over at Revenge From The Cosmic Ark I was reminded of one of my childhood toys that survives in my collection still. For the longest time I had no idea what this was called or who made it. I just assumed it was a cheapo toy without much of a toy line surrounding it.

I still remember when I acquired this fella. It was a Monday holiday, maybe MLK day and I was not feeling well. I was off from school and picked this Transformers wannabe out while being dragged along while my folks ran errands.

I had a rotten headache the day I got this. An unrelenting sinusy kinda headache that made me sick to my stomach. For a long time this little robot reminded me how terrible I felt that dreary day.

I spent awhile pulling the arm (still works btw) to try and get it to land on the highest scoring reel. It didn't take long to figure out that the tab in the front stopped the reels on demand, taking the sport out of it.

Thank you again to jboypacman for tipping me off on what I had here. Of course, I will be on the lookout now for any of his kin, hopefully feeling better when I acquire them.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this Ron it looks awesome and i like you i will be keeping my eyes out for more of these for the both of us. : )

    ReplyDelete