Saturday, March 26, 2011

Tron

Tron Legacy will be out on DVD soon. I really liked the original and the new one was fun. The original more for nostalgia's sake. When I was a kid I wanted to hang out at an arcade like Flynns. Sadly all I had was the one relegated to the far end of the less traveled wing of the mall. Before the new movie opened, I followed all the comic-con stuff and viral marketing a little bit, and also took a look at the official site. While there I entered the obligatory promotional sweepstakes. I had all but forgotten about it until I got an email last month. I was selected as a winner. Cool, I assumed I'd won a poster or a copy of the video game. I don't even own a current game system right now so I wasn't too excited. I read through the prizes I had won. An X-Box 360, a copy of the movie game, a Tron controller, Tron skin, blah, blah, etc., etc., Awesome! An X-Box, sweet. I cut to the end of the prize list, "total value of prize $3500" WHAT!?!?!? Why so much?
$3500, let me read that again. Oh, wait, here's the part I missed . . .


"Classic Tron Arcade Game (ARV: $3,000)"


It was delivered on Monday, a restored, vintage Tron arcade machine. I have the keys, acess to the quarter bucket and the free play button. It has a few minor cosmetic flaws, but it is awesome. A childhood dream come true, I own a full size upright arcade machine.




It is very surreal to come home to this:

2 comments:

  1. First congratulations that is awesome. I have to say that TRON arcade game was my favorite and if I ever found myself with a few extra grand I would buy one myself. That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. I always loved the TRON coin-op machine.

    ReplyDelete